- Brittney Griner threw down a dunk midway through the first quarter in Game 2 of the 2021 WNBA Finals.
- The 6-foot-9 Phoenix Mercury center got the feed from teammate Shey Peddy, then beat Chicago Sky forward Azurá Stevens into the paint before rising up for the one-handed slam.
- Phoenix Suns players – including Chris Paul, Jae Crowder, and more – who were sitting courtside at the game sprang out of their seats to celebrate the dunk as soon as she threw it down.
- Griner scored the Mercury’s first 10 points of the contest and led the team in both points and rebounds heading into halftime.
- Check out the spectacular play from multiple angles – and the NBA players’ reactions – below:
A dunk in the WNBA Finals for BG! She's got 10 points on the board so far tonight. pic.twitter.com/tQmenc2Q79— Phoenix Mercury – X (@PhoenixMercury) October 14, 2021
BG GOING OFF EARLY 🔥— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 14, 2021
She has all of Phoenix's points so far! pic.twitter.com/PVDoZN3nNf