Remember when everyone thought two movies per year was the most audiences could take from Marvel Studios? Well, that time is long past, and with only ELEVEN films dated between now and the end of 2023 the studio has moved to set its 2024 line-up by reserving four dates for theatrical releases.
As revealed this week, Disney and Marvel have set Untitled Marvel Films for February 16th 2024, May 3rd, 2024, July 26th, 2024, and November 8th, 2024, adding to the Untitled Marvel Films we’re getting on July 28th 2023, October 6th 2023 and November 10th 2023.
So, what might these seven mystery movies be? Well we can rule out a fourth Spider-Man movie, as Sony would handle that date, and Fantastic Four and Blade have both been heavily rumoured for July 28th and October 6th 2023, which would make sense given that they’re the only officially announced Marvel movies yet to receive a date.
We also know that Captain America 4 and Deadpool 3 are well into development now and so are presumably part of the slate, while we’d have to expect at least one more sequel (a Scarlett Johansson-less Black Widow 2 or a Shang-Chi follow-up perhaps?) as well as a team-up/event of some sort (Secret Wars?). And they’re surely going to do something with the X-Men by then, right?
Here’s how the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe schedule looks on the big screen at present:
- Eternals (November 5th, 2021)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25th, 2022)
- Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6th, 2022)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (July 8th, 2022)
- The Marvels (November 11th, 2022)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17th, 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5th, 2023)
- Untitled Marvel Film (July 28th, 2023)
- Untitled Marvel Film (October 6th, 2023)
- Untitled Marvel Film (November 10th, 2023)
- Untitled Marvel Film (February 16th, 2024)
- Untitled Marvel Film (May 3th, 2024)
- Untitled Marvel Film (July 26th, 2024)
- Untitled Marvel Film (November 8th, 2024)