Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) is heating up talk in the crypto space with plans to expand into the market beyond just dealing with tokens.
Let’s take a look at recent Twitter crypto news below.
- Tess Rinearson is the source of today’s Twitter crypto chatter.
- She revealed in a series of Tweets explaining her new position with the company.
- Rinearson is leading a team focused on crypto, blockchains, and other decentralized technologies.
- That includes figuring out “what crypto can do for Twitter, as well as what Twitter can do for crypto.”
- Among those goals is diving into supporting creators that want to use “decentralized apps to manage virtual goods and currencies.”
- Another long-term goal of the team is “exploring how ideas from crypto communities can help us push the boundaries of what’s possible with identity, community, ownership and more.”
- The team will also work alongside Bluesky, which is another project from Twitter focused on the future of decentralized social media.
- Rinearson closes out her series of Tweets with a call for employees.
- She says that Twitter is looking to fill engineering and product roles on the crypto team.
- It’s also worth noting that Rinearson won’t be relocating to Twitter HQ in California.
- Instead, she’ll remain in Berlin and plans to build a “distributed and cross-cultural” team.
TWTR stock was down 1.5% as of Wednesday afternoon and is down roughly 3.2% since the start of the year.